Come to my house Sunday 17 for a Bogart movie.

Go down

Come to my house Sunday 17 for a Bogart movie.

Post by Abbigail on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:47 pm

For ladies only.
I have secured a projector and the film To have or have not (Humphrey Bogart). I would like to share it with my friends if they are interested.

Abbigail

Back to top Go down

Re: Come to my house Sunday 17 for a Bogart movie.

Post by Nostalgia Huntress on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:19 pm

בבקשה 2

Nostalgia Huntress

Back to top Go down

Post by michael y on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Lauren Bacall`s film debut it`s great one a true Golden Era of Hollywood classic and i`m sure most of you know the classic line she delivers to Boggy i won`t spoil it for those who don`t.have fun Very Happy

michael y

Back to top Go down

Post by michael y on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:18 pm

also girls if you have any questions about other films from that era just ask.my friends joke if it`s in color he probably hasn`t seen it.
Michael

michael y

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Nostalgia Huntress wrote:בבקשה 2

What did I tell you about speaking english? There are other people on this forum not just us Jews.

michael y wrote:Lauren Bacall`s film debut it`s great one a true Golden Era of Hollywood classic and i`m sure most of you know the classic line she delivers to Boggy i won`t spoil it for those who don`t.have fun Very Happy

I know Bogart but I never who Laren Bacall is/was. By all means if you want to suggest movies we would be really appreciative. Most of us don't get out much Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

http://casual-conversations.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by michael y on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Admin wrote:
Nostalgia Huntress wrote:בבקשה 2

What did I tell you about speaking english?  There are other people on this forum not just us Jews.

michael y wrote:Lauren Bacall`s film debut it`s great one a true Golden Era of Hollywood classic and i`m sure most of you know the classic line she delivers to Boggy i won`t spoil it for those who don`t.have fun Very Happy

I know Bogart but I never who Laren Bacall is/was. By all means if you want to suggest movies we would be really appreciative. Most of us don't get out much Rolling Eyes

OK i will.most films from that era are pretty tame compared to today but if you could let me know what is not appropriate i`d appreciate it i don`t want to offend anyone here.
By the way Bogie married Bacall shortly after this film and were married up until his death.

Last edited by michael y on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total

michael y

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 pm

Those of us that are on this site are already not so strict but we're all in a community of several synagogues that range from modern orthodox to incredibly strict orthodox. Since people talk we kind of try to keep our entertainment choices limited to nothing that would make Olivia Walton upset. Come to think of it the Waltons are a good example.

Admin
Admin

http://casual-conversations.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peach Conserves on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:45 pm

i have nothing to do so why not i never seen a bogart movie tbh i never seen bogart

Peach Conserves

Back to top Go down

Post by michael y on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:01 pm

hello again
hope you all enjoyed To Have or Have Not another Bogie/Bacall film that`s really good and considered one of the best in it`s genre is The Big Sleep it`s a film noir classic the Walton`s it`s not so maybe google it first

the two best films of all time imo and most others are
Citizen Kane (Orson Welles)
and Casablanca (also with Bogie)
check those out if you haven`t seen them and if you like musicals here are a few of my favorites  

Singin in the Rain
42nd St
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Kiss Me Kate

michael y

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down