Casual Conversations and Friendships
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films of the 1970s

2 posters

Go down

Films of the 1970s Empty Films of the 1970s

Post by DoctorSplatter Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:36 am

As you might have guessed from the name, I am a fan of the horror genre. But really, I am a fanatic about film, in general. The 1970s are, hands down, my favorite decade for cinema. I’m sure that is because I was born in 1977, and my earliest memories involve the clothing, aesthetic, and pop culture of the time. So, I am continually drawn to that decade. I love it. Also, it was a time where there seemed to be no rules about what you could do or put on film, which is, sadly, not the case today. I am always down to watch a 70s movie I have yet to see.
Lately, I’ve been buying Blu-rays of Dario Argento movies. This past Christmas, I got a beautiful Steelbook edition of SUSPIRIA. I also got Arrow Video’s limited edition of his first film, THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE, which I have yet to see for the first time! I’m also expecting his second feature, THE CAT O’ NINE TAILS to arrive in a week. Arrow also recently announced they’ll be putting out DEEP RED here in the United States in April.
Some of my favorite films of the 70s: STAR WARS, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, TAXI DRIVER, HALLOWEEN, CARRIE, JAWS, THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE, DIRTY HARRY, BLAZING SADDLES, ALIEN, THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, UP IN SMOKE, SUPERMAN, DAWN OF THE DEAD, and the PLANET OF THE APES sequels.

Which decade of film is your favorite?

DoctorSplatter

Back to top Go down

Films of the 1970s Empty Re: Films of the 1970s

Post by Lady Dance Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 pm

DoctorSplatter wrote:As you might have guessed from the name, I am a fan of the horror genre. But really, I am a fanatic about film, in general. The 1970s are, hands down, my favorite decade for cinema. I’m sure that is because I was born in 1977, and my earliest memories involve the clothing, aesthetic, and pop culture of the time. So, I am continually drawn to that decade. I love it. Also, it was a time where there seemed to be no rules about what you could do or put on film, which is, sadly, not the case today. I am always down to watch a 70s movie I have yet to see.
Lately, I’ve been buying Blu-rays of Dario Argento movies. This past Christmas, I got a beautiful Steelbook edition of SUSPIRIA. I also got Arrow Video’s limited edition of his first film, THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE, which I have yet to see for the first time! I’m also expecting his second feature, THE CAT O’ NINE TAILS to arrive in a week. Arrow also recently announced they’ll be putting out DEEP RED here in the United States in April.
Some of my favorite films of the 70s: STAR WARS, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, TAXI DRIVER, HALLOWEEN, CARRIE, JAWS, THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE, DIRTY HARRY, BLAZING SADDLES, ALIEN, THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, UP IN SMOKE, SUPERMAN, DAWN OF THE DEAD, and the PLANET OF THE APES sequels.

Which decade of film is your favorite?

Well I was born in the 90s but I watch a lot of movies! My favorite 70s flick is Shaft and I'm not black

Lady Dance

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorSplatter Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:47 am

Hahaha, SHAFT is a good one! Admittedly, blaxploitation was a big blind spot for me. My first was PENITENTIARY, but my blaxploitation education didn’t begin until recently. So far, I’ve seen BLACULA (and its sequel, SCREAM, BLACULA, SCREAM!), FRIDAY FOSTER, FOXY BROWN, DOLEMITE, and SHAFT’S BIG SCORE.

DoctorSplatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Dance Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:26 pm

I've never heard of the term blaxpoitation but it makes sense. Is that American Ninja movie also a blaxploitation film because there's a black man in it.

Lady Dance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum